Now, more than ever, providing the best possible air quality for occupants is a high priority for commercial building owners and managers. Conventional HVAC filters only capture the largest particles. Unfortunately, it’s the fine particulates that are the greater threat. These fine (<2.5 microns) particulates include things like viruses, atmospheric dust, smog, tobacco smoke, pet allergens and soot. All of these finer particles contribute to a variety of health problems, including asthma, allergies and respiratory diseases.
Polarized filtration systems, such as the Purity Low Profile filters offered by EcoGroup USA, use a polarized charge to attract particles of all sizes (down to 0.1 microns). Once these small particles are clumped together, they are easily captured by the replaceable filter media without restricting airflow. Purity Low Profile filters also reduce odor-causing VOCs by 30% per pass, come with a lifetime system warranty, and only need to be changed every 4 to 6 months on average.
Some additional facts on Purity Low Profile Filters:
• Meets CSA Standard C22.2 No.: 187-M1986 and UL Standard ANSI/UL
Std No 867 (4th Ed.) for electrostatic air cleaners.
• According to the Indoor Air Quality Procedures outlined in the ASHRAE
Standard 62-2001, large buildings using the polarized filtration system
could cut their outside air requirements by half or even two thirds
• 97% effective capturing particles down to .3 microns (.00001 inch)
• Pressure drop as low as 0.4 WC @ 500 fpm
• Only 1 watt of electricity per panel
• 30% odor-causing VOC reduction per pass
• Low-cost media replacement (*4-6 months on average)
• Fits standard 2” commercial filter slot
• Lifetime system warranty